A Winter Bucket List
Now that the holidays are firmly behind us, it’s time to start thinking about a Winter Bucket List. Many of us think of winter as a season of gray days and being cooped up indoors. Shake off the winter blues with a bucket list of things to accomplish before spring. Below are some ideas to get you started.
Winter Bucket List for the Indoors
- Complete the 2019 Home Organization Challenge from A Bowl Full of Lemons. This challenge is a 14 week ‘boot camp’ for your home. The challenge started on January 5th, but it's not too late to get started. If cleaning your home is on your bucket list this winter or spring, this challenge will get you there. You can download a FREE challenge kit here.
- Play games with the kids. When it’s cold outside, I don’t want to leave home. I’m hoping to put some of these chilly evenings to good use by pulling out the games. Popcorn and a crackling fire are also a must for these memory-making times.
- Watch a Hallmark movie. Even though Christmas is Hallmark’s specialty, this feel-good, movie-maker churns out good movies year-round. Our kids groan over having to watch a ‘kissy’ movie but somehow always watch to the end.
- Read a good book…or two. Without the demands of yard work, winter is my favorite time to curl up with a book. On my short list is The Professor and the Madman, a story about the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary. Hopefully it’s as good as it looks.
Winter Bucket List for the Outdoors
- Breathe in some cold air. There is something about air so cold it takes your breath away. This feeling is invigorating…even if all it does is motivate you to hurry back indoors.
- Play in the snow. Snow days offer unlimited fun: skiing, sledding, snow ball fights, building a snowman, or tromping along a snow-covered path. There is something fun for all ages. If you live where snowfall isn’t a possibility, you can still find a way to enjoy winter’s best stuff. Take a road trip to your nearest ski resort. Make snow cones or homemade ice cream. Find a beautiful wintry picture and set it as the background on your electronic devices.
- Hit the hiking trails. Where we live, we enjoy the best of two worlds. Each winter, we have several snowstorms and all the fun that comes with it. But only an hour away is a land of sunshine, warmth and tons of hiking trails. To find a hiking trail around St. George, Utah, head on over to Hike St. George. This site gives you an overview of hiking and biking trails and other fun things to do in southern Utah.
- Catch a basketball game. Winter is the best time to catch some good basketball games, from high school to the pros. Our favorite games to watch are the local high school boys’ and girls’ teams.
What's on your bucket list this winter? Let us know in the comments!