Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
It is officially fall in the northern hemisphere, and we couldn’t be happier! Time to bust out the long sleeves, savor that nip in the air, and stock up on canned pumpkin puree for all of your favorite pumpkin recipes.
Among our most loved pumpkin creations, these Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting have become a fan favorite. More satisfying than a cookie, sweeter than pumpkin bread and easier to make than pie, a bite into one of these tasty bars welcomes your taste buds to fall.
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Assemble all of your ingredients, 1 9x13 baking dish, 1 large mixing bowl, and 2 medium mixing bowls.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish with nonstick spray oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
5. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Beat until smooth.
6. Pour batter into greased baking dish and smooth out until level.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. When bars have cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting (Recipe below). Makes approximately 15 bars.
1. Combine the cream cheese and butter in medium bowl.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. Slowly add sugar until desired consistency is reached. Stir in vanilla.