Sweet Lemon Dessert
Your 4th of July barbecue is just around the corner, and our Sweet Lemon Dessert is the perfect summer treat. This simple-to-make dessert will boost your confidence in the kitchen, leaving you free to enjoy the evening.
The Sweet Lemon Dessert combines the tang of lemon with the creamy sweetness of cream cheese and whipped topping. Guests won't be able to get enough of this delicious, satisfying treat.
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
In a medium mixing bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly.
Press mixture into an ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread mixture over crust.
In another medium mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low for 2 minutes. Gingerly spread over the cream cheese layer.
Top with remaining whipped topping.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!